- To accelerate the socio economic development of the Tea Tribes of Assam
- To enhance the gainful employability of the tea tribes manpower.
- To gear up the activities for spreading out institutionalization of education at different level viz. primary/secondary and higher
- To coordinate with other development departments for providing basic amenities like health and hygiene, sanitation, safe drinking water, electricity.
- The Department monitors and assesses all development works undertaken by various departments in areas inhabited by tea tribes and ex-tea tribes
- To create awareness among women for creating women Self Help Groups in coordination with various organizations including voluntary organization
- To monitor and coordinate with the management of the tea gardens for providing eco-friendly working environment
- To develop appropriate network between the Government departments and the other various organizations with a view to enabling the speedy disposal of matters relating to tea garden tribes.