Construction of the Welfare Fund:
As provided under Section 3(2) of the Assam Tea Plantation Employees’ Welfare fund (Amendment) Act, 1959 a fund has been constituted which consists of:
- All fines released from the employees in the course of management of the plantations.
- All unpaid accumulations.
- All grants from the State Government or Central Government or the Tea Board constituted under the Tea Act, 1953(Act-29 of 1953).
- Any voluntary donations.
- Any sum borrowed under Section-8.
- Any sum unclaimed or forfeited in the provident Fund Account of the employees.
- Share of contribution from tea employees, Employers and State Government.
Welfare Activities of Assam Tea Employees Welfare Board:
The welfare schemes undertaken by ATEWB for the social upliftment of the of the tea plantation workers are as follows:
- Training in A.N.M. & G.N.M. nursing courses.
- Assam tea garden tribes college students lodge.
- Tea garden patients rest house.
- Guest house for tea tribes people.
- Staipen to tea tribes college students.
- Training atmezenga female labour welfare training centre.
- Rowriah labour welfare industrial training centre.
- Community centre for plantation labour.
- Book grant for tea labour community students of assam.
- Education all excursion tour programme.
- Ex-gratia grants.
- Child care cum pre-primary centre.
- Medical aid.
- Eye relife camps.
- Tea sprots.
- Talent competition and tutorial classes.